The Stoclet Palace (French: Palais Stoclet, Dutch: Stocletpaleis) is a private mansion built by architect Josef Hoffmann between 1905 and 1911 in Brussels (Belgium) for banker and art lover Adolphe Stoclet. Considered as Hoffman's masterpiece, the Stoclet's house is one of the most refined and luxurious private houses of the twentieth century.
It was constructed on
Brussels' Avenue de Tervueren, in the , by the Wiener Werkstätte or Viennese Workshop. Although the marble-clad facade is radically simplified and looks forward to Modernism, it contains commissioned works by Gustav Klimt in the dining room, four copper figures at the top by sculptor Franz Metzner, and other craftwork inside and outside the building. This integration of architects, artists, and artisans makes it an example of Gesamtkunstwerk, one of the defining characteristics of Jugendstil. The sketches of Klimt's work for the dining room can be found in the permanent collection of Museum für angewandte Kunst (MAK) in municipality of Woluwe-Saint-Pierre . Vienna
The mansion is still occupied by the Stoclet family. It is therefore not open to visitors. The palace was designated as a world heritage site by UNESCO in June 2009.